CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 19, 2012

Knot Top Tutorial



I have been wanting to make this FOREVER and finally I did! I have to say since I fractured my wrist I am pretty freaking amazing at doing everything with my left hand!!!! I sewed this using my left hand only and if I can do it anybody can. First get some Jersey Knit fabric then you want to cut two rectangles exactly the same and you can use a pattern you already own or just use a t shirt with the fit you like and add an inch for seam allowance this shirt is supposed to be loose so don't worry if you think it looks to wide.I cut a long stip 5 inches wide by 50"long and just pulled through the top and for the full tutorial you can go to Bow Top that will help you make a pattern if you dont have one already.You sew the two sides together then flip right side out then you need to make the "tube" or casing for the tie to go through I folded in an inch then again 2-3" and sewed after this pull your long piece through tube and wear it. Since the shirt was Jersey fabric you dont need to hem the bottom or arm area It looks so cute and a perfect starter project for a beginner.














0 comments: