CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nautical Rope Bracelet




After finishing my Anchor bracelet I thought I should make something in the same theme and make a Nautical Rope bracelet and I did!!!! I have seen the rope bracelet all over Pinterest but to be honest you need a lot of little findings and to tell you the truth I don't have the money or the time to go to the store so I used what I had and it came out really sturdy and easy to slide on and off. 

To make this bracelet you will need:
Scissors 
Glue Gun
Elastic 
Lighter
Rope
Once you have everything ready take your rope and wrap it around your wrist then add a few inches and cut four strips the same length. You will then make a sailors knot *as shown below*
After that you will pull your rope nice and wrap around your wrist from here your deciding where to cut so you can glue the elastic to the ends to make a cute slip on bracelet. Once you decide where the rope will be cut you will light the ends of the rope to keep the rope from pulling and getting unraveled. I glued the ends together side by side so the rope would stay flat *repeat on both sides*. Take your elastic and measure the length you want it then simply glue to the rope really well and wear!
*Do you see how simple this is? it doesn't need any fancy clasps or expensive findings just a little elastic and you have yourself a CUTE new accessory to wear.*

0 comments: