CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Braided Headband tutorial


Ok so after my stupid sewing incident and for those who don't know that was me sewing my finger through and through....I decided to take a nice break from sewing and crafting. I do not have the best track record with using anything sharp or pointy so I thought it would be nice to take a break. Today I decided to jump back and make myself a nice headband for summer.

To make this easy headband you grab some fabric and cut 6 pieces of fabric measuring 24"x1".Then you fold in half and iron flat you then take three pieces and tie one end into a knot and braid after you get to the other end you knot it off and repeat on the other three pieces. I measured around my head and cut the elastic to size then wrap around the elastic and sew ends around the elastic piece then your done! For the no sew braided headband you just use two hair bows and tie together then you secure the braided pieces by gluing the sides flat but I thought that sewing was just as quick and more secure. for better pictures of the "no sew" tutorial I found one Here


0 comments: